Talks to schools and other organised groups take place in our classroom. These exciting sessions allow supervised contact with live animals and a range of artefacts.
Animal Encounter Sessions
- Classification – understand who’s who in the animal world and why they can be placed in certain groups.
- Meet the Animals – explore variation by learning about mammals, birds, reptiles and invertebrates in this fun and informative hands on experience.
- Mini Beasts – understand the importance of creepy crawlies and meet a range of fascinating invertebrates.
- Adaptations – amazing survival adaptations are revealed using a variety of fascinating animals.
- Habitats – find out about the diversity of habitats in the natural world and who lives in each one.
We tailor sessions to different ages and abilities accordingly, and can consider more bespoke sessions upon request.
For more information or to book a session please email Holly (email@example.com) or Sam (firstname.lastname@example.org)
£5 per pupil, per visit (£2.50 Crawley schools)
This standard charge applies only to groups that book an educational talk. It includes entry to the Nature Centre and Walled Garden, access to play areas, picnic facilities and the coach park.
All payments can be made on the day of your visit at the Nature Centre office, or by invoice. Please make cheques payable to Crawley Borough Council.