Talks to schools and other organised groups take place in our classroom. These exciting sessions allow supervised contact with live animals and a range of artefacts.
Animal Encounter Sessions
- Classification – understand who’s who in the animal world and why they can be placed in certain groups.
- Meet the Animals – explore variation by learning about mammals, birds, reptiles and invertebrates in this fun and informative hands on experience.
- Mini Beasts – understand the importance of creepy crawlies and meet a range of fascinating invertebrates.
- Adaptations – amazing survival adaptations are revealed using a variety of fascinating animals.
- Habitats – find out about the diversity of habitats in the natural world and who lives in each one.
We tailor sessions to different ages and abilities accordingly, and can consider more bespoke sessions upon request.
For more information or to book a session please email Holly (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Sam (email@example.com)
We cannot offer animal encounter sessions for nursery groups due to the risks involved when handling animals.
Crawley schools: £3 per child, adults free
Non-Crawley schools: £6 per child, adults free
This standard charge applies only to groups that book an educational talk. It includes entry to the Nature Centre and Walled Garden, access to play areas, picnic facilities and the coach park.
All payments can be made on the day of your visit at the Nature Centre office, or by invoice. Please make cheques payable to Crawley Borough Council.
For more information on the Nature Centre itself, please download our Teacher Resources Pack: Tilgate Nature Centre – Education Visit Pack 2018
Self- led visits (visits without an Animal Encounter Session)
Crawley schools: Free
Non-Crawley schools: £2.50 per child, adults free
For more information on the Nature Centre itself, please download our Teacher Resources Pack: Tilgate Nature Centre – Self-led Visit Pack 2018
Prices for an Animal Encounter Session are the same as above (£3 for Crawley groups, £6 for non-Crawley groups). However, self-led visits are completely free for groups regardless of their origin.